UCSF offers a myriad of services designed to assist students with problem-solving and improve quality of life. Listed here are just a few.
Campus Life Services
From transportation, housing, fitness, business support, child care, entertainment, to recreation and more - Campus Life Services touches the lives of everyone, at every campus location. Visit the website to learn about:
- Arts & Events at UCSF - Music. Movies. Art. Special Events. Student discounts.
- Childcare services and resources - Childcare facilities at Parnassus, Mission Bay, Laurel Heights, plus Eldercare services and a referral service.
- Fitness and recreation - Graduate students receive free gym membership at both Parnassus and Mission Bay, plus there are separate outdoor recreation and recreational sports services)
- Housing - Valuable resource for both on-campus and off-campus housing needs.
- Retail shops - (includes banking services, campus bookstores, technology store, haircuts, flower shop, etc.)
- Food Services - From coffee shops, taqueria, pub food, sandwich shops, Asian cuisine to cafeteria food, UCSF has lots of choices. There are also dozens of restaurants within walking distance, ranging from the basics to haute cuisine.
- Parking and Transportation
UCSF Housing Office
The UCSF Housing Office website lists privately owned off-campus rentals including apartments, flats, houses, rooms, and shared arrangements. Listings are available on-line at the Housing Options web site. The Housing Office does not investigate, endorse, or guarantee the accommodations listed. Students, especially those with families, are encouraged to allow ample time for locating suitable housing prior to the start of the quarter.
Graduate & Professional Student Association
The Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) is made up of UCSF graduate, nursing and physical therapy students. The GPSA's mission is to improve the quality of graduate student life, to represent diverse student needs, and to advocate for student rights and interests.
Student Health Services
All BMS students receive medical, dental and vision coverage through the graduate program. Student Health Services offers comprehensive health care such as primary care, urgent care, immunizations, referrals to specialists, and mental health services.
Office of Career and Professional Development
From job search strategies to grant writing skills, the OCPD serves the academic, professional and career development needs of UCSF students and graduate trainees.
Student Disability Services
UCSF is committed to ensuring access to graduate education for all students. Early communication with the relevant administrators is critical to a successful partnership in arranging accommodations. We encourage students with disabilities to (first) disclose to the Office of Student Disability Services. SDS is the appropriate and confidential office for seeking accommodations, and will coordinate communications and procedures with you and the graduate faculty and programs. Visit their website and review this info sheet for more information.
There are library locations at both the Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses.
Mission Bay Student Services
Student support services at our Mission Bay campus.